Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grocery Shopping...

As much as I don't want to admit it, Walmart works for me. Since I'm always looking for the best way to do things I decided to see which store was cheapest to shop at. I compared Walmart and Farm Fresh. Then to see if buying in bulk was worth it, I compared them both to Sams Club. Farm Fresh is kind of the middle class of grocery stores. In our area we basically have 4 stores (Listed in order from not so nice to nicest): Walmart, Food Lion, Farm Fresh and Harris Teeter. This spreadsheet lists the basic things our family usually buys and most times it's off brand name items. In almost every case Walmart was cheaper. Sams Club was cheaper in some items, mostly with frozen fruit, frozen chicken, cheese and hamburger. However, if you want to enjoy your shopping experience and you don't mind paying a little more money Farm Fresh of Harris Teeter are for you. These two stores always have the items stocked on their shelves, play nice music in the background, offer cookies to the kids and take your groceries out to your car for you. One disclaimer is that this list was compiled a few months ago, before gas went through the roof. So most of these prices have increased somewhat. Click on the picture to view it bigger.








No comments:

God's Hand-i-work

God's Hand-i-work
I went to pick a strawberry and I found myself shaking hands with it.